Posted to alt.home.repair

Default storm doors; pella vs. larson?

"z" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK, in this corner, going for $190: Larson Oxford storm door;

And in the other corner, going for $196: Pella Olympia storm door, "1
inch thick solid core",

So, which one would you buy?

The one that looked the best to me.

If it makes a difference, I'm gonna make a stab at installing it
myself, since how hard can it be? I've posted the story of the last
time when I had the Sears crew install a storm door, and they sawed up
pieces of the door molding to shim out the oart of the latch that is
on the frame, to make up for the fact that they installed the handle
about an inch inboard of where it should go on the door, so I figure I
can do that well myself. So with sadness I note that the Pella is not
one of theirs with "express install" that "cuts installation time in
half".

I've probably hung over 100 doors. Some are easier than others, but if you
read the instructions, use care in measuring, you can do it. Take your
time, especially before cutting anything.