Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Golden Ratio Dividers

Doug Miller wrote:

| That being the case, I confess I don't see its utility -- since you
| have to
| have segments that are already in the golden ratio in order to
| construct the
| dividers.

Now you've lost me. Are you looking for a way to build the tool
without using any measurements at all? If so, you can DAGS and find a
number of ways to get there with a compass and straightedge.

What I've provided is a method for calculating all of the measurements
needed to build the tool from the numerical value of the ratio and the
length of the longest workpiece edge with which the tool will be used.

The _tool_ has no utility at all for my woodworking - since all I need
to do is incorporate the ratio into a CNC part program - but Scott
(over on the wRec) was looking for a how-to-build article. I'm sure
he'd be interested (as am I!) in your method.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar