Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default new shop working out well - IMG_0029a.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
"Tom Plamann" wrote:

This is for the person who emailed asking me how the new shop was working
out.

It's getting full.

Tom Plamann

So you're lighting with what, high-bay metal halide fixtures, but are
supplementing the workbench areas around the columns with fluorescent?

Not exactly an idle question - my comparatively tiny 24x48 foot shop is
not yet lighted, except by a lot of windows which I felt I needed, based
on disliking many windowless shops, as the slow construction process
with me as the builder drags on - some sketchy pictures and no
explanatory text at all at http://www.sover.net/~lsmith

Of course, I only have about 11-1/2 feet to the bottom of my joists, or
13 feet to the bottom of the floor on top of them if I mount lights
in-between the joists, so I don't know if high-bay fixtures are really
going to work. You must have 18-20 foot to the roof? Efficiency (power
in to light out) of lighting is going to matter quite a bit (power
company being jerks = off-grid), and I'm already hitting the point where
I need a lot of light, so "efficiency" masquerading as "not very much
light" won't cut it.

Tidy efficiency - a nice goal, A goal I do actually have, but this is
not yet even close:

Attached Thumbnails
Re: new shop working out well - IMG_0029a.JPG (1/1)-img_0029a-jpg