John Kunkel

Default Carolina Bandsaw (HD10?) measurment needed

"Harry McDaniel" wrote in message
om...
I bought a Carolina Bandsaw (I think it is the HD10, but there is no
label) a month ago and I have been trying to get it set up properly (a
bigger job than I anticipated!) and I have come to the conclusion that
one of the support arms, which is clearly non-original on my saw, may
be the wrong size. The saw frame does not sit at a true 45 degree
angle to the table (looking from the end) and it appears that it would
complete the cut better if the high side of the frame were up a little
higher. I would like to confirm the measurment by checking another
saw of the same model, but I don't know anyone who has one for me to
measure. I called the parts suppler for these saws--American
Fabricators/Ramco--and they were not able to get the measurment for
me. If someone would be willing to check it for me, the part I am
referring to is the longer of the two support arms that the saw pivots
on. It is right between the motor and the hydraulic cylinder. On my
saw it is 12" long (about 10" between pivot center and adjustment
bolts center). I think it may be an inch too short. You can see a
picture at:
http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~harrymc/...na_bandsaw.jpg
I attached a piece of red tape to the part in question.

I have an HD10 and the arm measures 10 5/16" from the pivot center to the
bolt center.

And while I am at it . . . Can anyone tell me how to determine which
model I have--HD10, HD12, HV10, HV12, etc.? It uses a 3/4" blade.

I have never seen other than my HD10 so I don't know the difference in the
models; mine uses a 3/4" blade, 115 1/2" long.