Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How often should an interior fuel oil tank be cleaned out?

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:16:06 GMT, "David Martel"
wrote:

George,

I don't doubt that there is some moisture in heating oil. Even if there
isn't moisture will still get into the tank. In cars there are products
known as Dry Gas that will solubilize and remove this water in the gas tank.

In the 60's one major oil company advertised that it included
something like this in the gasoline. I think even at that time, all
the major gas companies did so, and by not long after I think all the
independants did too.

But Dry Gas is still useful when there is more than the normal amount
of water in the gas tank.

Doesn't the heating industry have something like this?

I haven't heard about it.

Dave M.