Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:52:54 -0700, Spurious Response
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:50:39 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:47:47 -0700, Spurious Response
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:10:56 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

If it were spaghetti, so it could be poured out of the spout?

Here, a kettle can be anything from a tea kettle to a giant two foot
deep pot for LA Gumbo.

Kettle? We just cut a 55-gallon drum in half.

John

So, how many PCBs do you think you have introduced into your body over
the years with all the various and sundry exposure events we Americans
have the opportunity to endure?

Amount needed to cause a malignancy mutation: 2 parts per Billion.

If you're willing to eat the crawfish, there's not a lot of point in
worrying about stuff leached off the drum. US cancer rates have been
gradually declining for decades, so we must be doing something right.

Are PCBs really carcinogenic? There are lots of references that say
not.

John

noting that PCB = polychlorinated biphenyl, not pc board