Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Fridge keeps tripping my GFCI plug

DC wrote:
I have an old home with ungrounded sockets. I hooked up my fridge to a
portable GFCI plug, and in the last 3 months, the fridge has tripped
the circuit. Both times, the fridge works fine when I reset it...so
I'm assuming the fridge is OK. What else would cause the fridge to
trip the plug?

I suggest you run a new line to the frig. It should not be GFI
protected. I suggest that it is a good idea to have a device on the same
circuit that would give you notice if the power when out, like a light that
you regularly used. That can avoid a total loss of food if the power to that
circuit goes out.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit