Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Fogger in the attic - is that OK?

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 14:24:49 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

I've used these foggers in the house and in the crawlspace under the house.
You can't ust "throw" it into the attic, it must be placed upright.
I do mine on a day when we are going to be away for the day, at least 6 or
more hours. That gives it lots of time to clear out of the air. Since the
attic is not living space I would not be overly concerned about it airing
out. If you have an access to the attic from the oitside such as a hatch of
some sort the natural convection this time of year will provide decent air
flow up into the attic and out the vents.

Charlie

I distinctly remember an experiment on TV's Mythbusters. They were
checking out a newspaper report that a family had set of one too many
fogger bombs inside the house. The gas buildup ignited and blew up
the house.. It took Mythbusters quite a few tries but the test house
(a real building) did eventually blow up. The "bomb" does use
ignition to generate the fumes. In that case you should perhaps take
the extra precaution that the bomb be placed inside a fireproof metal
container before leaving it to fumigate your attic.