Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Remove Graffiti from Unfinished Wood Fence

Pressure washer with capabiliy of adding chemicals to water stream.
Like a tank, or such. Add about 1 lb. of ordinary househld baking soda
to two gallons of hot water in tank.(Or use 5 lb. to 5 gallons in ank.)
Introduce that solution into water stream and clean with the pressure
washer. Sometmes a good foamy dgreaser along with the baking
soda slution helps.

The baking soda does not ully dissolve, and has a mild granular
abrasive action.

Its important to do ths soon after the graffiti is applied.

Longer you wait, the harder it is to remove.

I do this (graffiti removal) with a local group of volunteers in
our parks, where so many "artistes" trash stuff.

wrote:
Hello,
A few weeks ago we had some graffiti thown up on our back fence. A
guy at home depot suggested some mild spray used specifically for
graffiti but it didn't say anything about removal from wood so I
picked up some lacquer thinner as well. The thinner worked ok, but
not what I was hoping for. The paint now looks faded, but still
definitely visible. Not sure if there are any other chemicals I could
use or if I should go straight for the sand paper.

Any thoughts on how to remove the spray paint from unfinished wood
would be very helpful.

Thanks.