Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Completely & utterly OT - Price structure

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 12:28:54 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On my screen the type used is very small, borderline on impossible to
read particulary as it is a serif font. This applies to the whole
site. I'd also look at the colours used in the mouse over and active
bits of the LH menu, active and mouse over use the same (boring)
grey, mouse over has a white drop shadow which looks "odd".

The font is Verdana 10pt.

You cannot rely on any given font being available or used even if
available. Font size under HTML is expressed as 7 numbers (1 to 7) with 1
being the smallest, there is no fixed relationship between these numbers
and a size in points (1/72nd of an inch). The generally accepted default
size for body text is 3, your pages set 2 for body text.

Then bear in mind that both font and size can also be overidden by the
browser at the users discretion...

Mouse over & active are blue on my screen with no drop shadow.

Each "button" is outlined with a 1 pixel black box. An "active" box has a
4 pixel wide dark grey section inside this along the base and right side,
the drop shadow. The fill is a light grey. Text is blue/purple. An
inactive box has light grey for the drop shadow and white fill, mouse over
the drop shadow goes white and the fill goes grey. Text colour never
changes.

This is probably down to Frontpage and MS. Different versions of Frontpage
generate pages that only render as expected under some versions of
Internet Explorer. Use a different browser and things can just be
"different" (like the buttons) or a complete and utter mess with images
overlapping text and so on.

What browser are you using?

Mozilla 1.7.12 - Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 3; en-US; rv:1.7.12)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail