Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely & utterly OT - Price structure

wrote:
As with the previous 2 posters, I'd suggest keeping the 20quid/hour
increment right through - and specifying a mileage or time range for
the "included travel". Some people may not be calling because they
think they're out of range - or vice versa.

Good idea, although it does say on the home page where I operate, I could
repeat/emphasise it.

You could also, on the same charging basis, offer a light removals
service (e.g. just move some boxes from A to B - or move the washing
machine to auntie's house and replumb at new location). That might be
an opportunity for some potential new customers to meet you and gain
confidence in you.

Unforetunately the van isn't big enough (Kangoo) and it's pretty full
anyway.

One other thing to think about is how you increase prices when it
becomes necessary. A uniformly incremental structure means you can
just add 5 quid at every price point at sometime in the future.

Good idea again.

If it's any consolation, you're going through the classic new own-
business/self-employed price adjustment. I heard all the warnings
about "you'll set your prices too low to start with" - and still did
it myself.

At the moment I'm more or less fully booked untill the end of July - I
suppose that should be telling me something.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman