Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Steve Roberts Steve Roberts is offline

Default Zanussi Washer Dryer not drying

"Steve Roberts" wrote in message
Model no ZWD1470W. Dryer not working properly - although the air appears
to be heating slightly, it's nothing like as hot as it should be to dry
the clothes.

Just as a follow-up for other people, the problem turned out to be that the
plastic container/duct linking the blower on the heater manifold to the drum
was clogged up with wet, compacted lint.

I had to turn the machine upside down, undo the short, thick hose from the
translucent duct up the side of the machine, pop it off and then rod out the
lint out using a length of plastic hose attached to my Dyson vac with gaffer
tape. Took me about half an hour of trying to blindly force the hose into
all the various channels inside the duct before I was convinced that I'd got
most of it out. Once reconnected, all worked perefectly again.

The hose was an absolute pig to get back on, until I got the right
technique - then of course it took about five seconds! These modern machines
are *really* not designed to be serviced!

Steve