Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Storm Windows on Aluminum Windows

On Jun 22, 11:05 am, Greg Esres wrote:
On Jun 22, 7:05 am, Lawrence wrote:

Your best choice for noise reduction will be new windows.

Lot more money, though. And some of these windows are double-width.
I'm already making some interior solid shutters that *may* provide the
sound insulation I need, but I was hoping for a quicker, easier fix.

Thank you.

Yea, money is always a problem. Interior shutters are a very good
idea but make sure you keep track of what yu spend on them since the
issue is money. If you plan to shutter the windows from the inside
and block out the noise as well as the air and the light then you may
as well board them over completely giving you security as well, haha.

Seriously, I do that with my windows each summer on the south side of
the house. I use one inch of foil backed foam board cut to fit inside
the window frame. Don't know about the noise though since the A/C
makes so much noise. Definitely helps keep the kichen dark and cool.
I won't do this with all my window though. It would be too much like
a cave.