Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg Esres Greg Esres is offline

Default Storm Windows on Aluminum Windows

Lawrence wrote:

Better, contact the manufacturer of the window if possible. If your
window are designed for storms they will know and may have them for
sale. If you live down south this it very possible that your windows
were not made with storms in mind. Why do you feel you need storm
windows. What is the weather like in your location? Replacement
windows are not so difficut a project. Don't rule it out.

Hi Lawrence, thanks for your reply. I live in Tennessee. I don't
have a tremendous need for storm windows for their intended purpose,
but I'm considering them as part of an overall noise reduction system.

I didn't realize that some windows were made for storms and other were
not. That's not addressed in the literature I've read, but I have
taken your suggestion and emailed the manufacturer. I may need to
send them a photograph before they know what I'm talking about.

Thanks.