Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default How to remove Kohler shower faucet handle

wrote:
On Jun 18, 5:01 pm, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:54:22 -0000, wrote:

Hi,
I have the Kohler "Purist® Rite-Temp® pressure-balancing bath and
shower faucet trim with push-button diverter and cross handle". I need
help removing the handle and faceplate. There is no center screw in
the handle, but set screw on the handle stem which I assume holds the
handle in place. My set screw is missing but I still cannot remove the
handle. Can anyone help?
Sue

Corrosion of the stem can make it difficult to remove the handle. Hard
water?

--
Oren

Yes, hard water. The faucet has only been in for 6 months though. Can
I try to bang it off?

Sue

Please don't be insulted, but I have to ask if you are certain what the
term "set screw" denotes.

A set screw does not have a head larger than the threaded hole it's
screwed into, and most often in faucet handles it has an "Allen head"
recess in it's accessable end.

So, just in case you see some threads in the "empty" screw hole and
assume there's no thing in there, don't be positive about that until you
try to engage a possible set screw with an appropriate sized Allen wrench.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia