Posted to alt.home.repair
taos_sue taos_sue is offline

Default How to remove Kohler shower faucet handle

On Jun 19, 3:08 am, mm wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:53:10 -0000, taos_sue
wrote:

Stupid question, I know, but does the water have to be turned off ?
(At my house the only water shut-off is in the well...)

If you are only taking the handle off, I don't think so.

BTW, any chance the set screw is there but it's covered by soap and
soap scum etc.?

Sue- Hide quoted text -

I am only taking off the handle and the back plate in order to re-
tile. There is no set screw, but I do see where it should go. I should
mention that this faucet has been in a few months but has rarely been
turned on (guest bath). There is no soap scum of hard water residue.
Am I right that the handle should just pull off?