Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Massive Natural Gas Explosion "Flips" a House

Eigenvector wrote:
"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
In the report it says debris was found 13 blocks away. THIS WAS NOT A GAS
EXPLOSION only. Gas has a "soft" explosion, dynamite and other explosives
have hard explosions. When the forensic experts are finished determining
what happened I am certain they will find that the actual explosion was
generated by a high explosive, and the gas was just involved. This had to
be set.

13 blocks - that's over a mile. Maybe the owner was storing her black
powder next to the furnace?

I wouldn't put too much faith in the newspaper reports...the "debris"
could, after all, be cellulose insulation carried by the wind, or it may
have had nothing at all to do w/ the explosion.

I wouldn't put it past gas to have done the damage, either. Have seen
the results of a couple of explosions at nearby collection stations and
a compressor station -- that one, the shock wave from right at 10 miles
away knocked snow off the roof of the house...nothing but natural gas,
no "hard" explosives at all involved...