Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default do I sand and polish the floors first, or paint the walls first?

You use the edger to get close to the base. (it's a separate machine,
handheld)

--
Steve Barker

"stefoid" wrote in message
oups.com...
oh, Ill be getting a professional to do both. I was just wondering
what is the order I should get them in.

So Steve - you reckon you dont have to take off the baseboards or
skirting boards as we call them here? I assumed the sanding machine
wouldnt be able to get flush with them, so they would have to be taken
off, sanded and replaced - not correct?

Steve Barker wrote:
Floors last. Leave the baseboards alone.

--
Steve Barker

"stefoid" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am wondering this - do you have to remove skirting boards to sand
and polish floorboards? if so, it would probably be better to do the
floors first so that removing the skirting boards doesnt upset a new
paintjob.

but im not sure.

thanks!