BigWallop

Default Stop cock leaking

"Rich" wrote in message
I have an outside toilet with the water main coming up through the

concrete
floor, this is black plastic with an outside dia of about 3/4 of an inch,

it
then goes on to the stop cock and then to a piece of copper pipe with a
compression fitting, but this leaks like mad!!!!!!! the compression

fitting
on the out going side of the stop cock does not seem to be a proper
compression fitting, I think it has been bodged to fit, so what I would

like
to know is if I remove the stop cock, what new stop cock can I fit which
will fit the old black plastic water main and allow me to use some 15mm
copper to the toilet??

Richard

The plastic pipe to the stopcock is OK but the stopcock to copper is leaking
? You don't think it is a proper compression fitting ? What does it look
like ?

Does the stopcock look anything like this ?

http://tinyurl.com/o5sq

Has it been tightened to much and cut into the copper pipe ?

Does the plastic pipe have a metal liner to stop it compressing when it is
squashed by a compression fitting ?

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com