Andy Hall

Default Condensing-combi boilers

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:55:08 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:20:32 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Andy covered most, except, as usual, that high flowrate combi's can be

had.

The most common 10-11 litres/min are fine
for a one bath house that uses
showers a lot.

10 l/min for a shower? Pretty poor shower in my view.

Then you add cold water too.

Not in the winter you don't.

Do the sums. If the water temperature is 5 degrees and the boiler
provides an uplift of 35 degrees then you won't be able to add any
cold when using a shower. A more typical average winter water
temperature is only about 8 degrees or so, and you won't be adding
much then.

10 litres/min is decent shower.

Not in my view. 15-20 is more reasonable.

Environmentalists are concerned at the proliferation of power showers.

Environmentalists are concerned about a lot of things - not all of
them having any merit.

These
use far more water than necessary and promote hose pipe bans in summer when
a dry spell comes along.

That really depends on your definition of necessary. Nobody said
that the shower had to be run for a long period of time or even at the
same rate all the time.

The reason for hose pipe bans and most of the other deficiencies of
the water supply system have to do with decades of lack of investment
in the infrastructure.

---

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl