Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo Geo is offline

Default Ideal Concord WRS boiler not firing

On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:42:36 GMT, Tony Bryer wrote:

On Mon, 28 May 2007 18:41:20 GMT Geo wrote :
The boiler has no fancy cut-outs so it must be a pretty basic fault.
It has a standard thermocouple just above the pilot light - this
might need replacing but I would not have expected its expiry to
coincide with removal of the gas supply.

It must be OK (perhaps starting to show signs of age) as the OP said
that once he'd got the pilot to light it stays alight. Otherwise if
it's the same model as I once had, there's just a thermostat and gas
valve.

Duh! - You're right of course - too late at night for me...

Geo