Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Gas grill on wood deck, house on fire.

On Mon, 28 May 2007 20:27:39 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Postal68 wrote:
Aren't there flame retardant mats for decks and patios sold to put
underneath grills?

Yep:

http://grillpad.com

It's probably a fine thing, if I had my grill over wood, but this part
bothers me.

"Is The “Original” Grill Pad fireproof?
Nothing is fireproof, and The “Original” Grill Pad is no exception.
The “Original” Grill Pad is recommended for outdoor use only and is
naturally heat and weather resistant. You should allow a reasonable
clearance between the heating appliance and the Grill Pad on your deck
or patio surface."

Most rocks are fireproof, short of throwing them in a volcano. Even
then they only melt. They don't catch on fire.

Jeff