Dean

Default DeWalt radial saw motor wiring question

I need some advice concerning a DeWalt radial saw motor. It will
potentially be used for a metal cutoff saw but I can't figure out the
wiring.

It is a single phase, capacitor start, about 1.5 h.p. The cord coming
out of the motor has one each of a green, black, white, and red wire.
I have gone to the DeWalt website and found a wiring diagram that
tells me the green is ground, black is hot, and white is neutral. All
that makes sense but the red wire is shown connecting to the power
switch at the far end of the motor and to the capacitor at the motor
end. Ufortunately they don't show the internal connection diagram of
the start switch so I don't know what the red wire gets connected to
if anything.

I have connected the other wires (color to color) to a pig tail with a
110v. plug. When plugged in the motor seems to work just fine. Is it
possible the saw uses some sort of electronic braking?

Hope someone has one of these and can shed some light. Thanks in
advance.

-Dean