Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Default vinyl siding/shutters

In article sMf4i.6467$xV.4198@trnddc05, says...

I have a job re-attaching three of my sister-in-law's vinyl shutters on her
vinyl sided house. My house is sided with hardboard so I just nail mine on.
But I'm guessing there is only Celotex or some other lightweight sheething
underneath her vinyl that probably won't take a nail or screw. Can someone
tell me what I should do or point me in the right direction?

They sell fairly large diameter, coarse thread, color-matched plastic screws
just for this situation. Available at any Home Depot in the shutter department.
Here is a link to some:

http://www.decorativeshutters.com/installation.html
--
Dennis