Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robert Laws Robert Laws is offline

Default How long does it take for Grout to dry?

On May 21, 9:14 am, Paul R wrote:
Shay wrote:
Hi all,

Recently (yesterday) I've had my Bathroom Tilled.

When would it be safe for me to install my Electric Shower and Shower
Screen?

This also applies to my Kitchen.... when can I install the sockets
etc?

Shay

PS: Is it just me or it Google groups really slow today?

I phoned Bols (Grout Manufacturer) when I installed my bathroom tiles,
as the instructions stated that a two week curing process was
recommended. Their technical support confirmed this, recommending that
the grout was not subject to serious wetting in that time (i.e. don't
take a shower without protecting the grout.)

As for fitting sockets etc - I would be happy to do such work after 24
hours from grouting - such activity will not affect the grout curing.

sockets in teh kitchen? have you got building control approval? that
could take longer than the grout drying!

Robert