Trevor Jones

Default Possible to making money in spare time buying cars and selling them

Don wrote:

I would like to find a side income where I could work at my own pace.
I am building a garage pole barn 24 x 30 and thought about buying cars
that had something mechanically wrong with them, fix them in my spare
time and selling them.

Others have suggested I should just rpair cars but I work during the
day and I am admittantly slow. I just thought It would be something I
could work at my own pace.

Any advice?

Yeah! Have a good look at any regulations relating to being an auto
dealer, and the liabilities thereof.

Here in Alberta, Canada, if more than a certain number (not sure of
number) of vehicles pass through your hands (tracked through vehicle
registrations) you are considered to be a dealer, and are liable to
provide at least a minimum level of warantee and other benefits to your
customers. There is also mandatory membership in dealer
assosciations,and mandatory training that must be dealt with, mostly
relating to the afore mentioned liabilities.

Cheers
Trevor Jones