Sunworshiper

Default Possible to making money in spare time buying cars and selling them

On 23 Mar 2004 05:34:15 -0800, (Don) wrote:

I would like to find a side income where I could work at my own pace.
I am building a garage pole barn 24 x 30 and thought about buying cars
that had something mechanically wrong with them, fix them in my spare
time and selling them.

Others have suggested I should just rpair cars but I work during the
day and I am admittantly slow. I just thought It would be something I
could work at my own pace.

Any advice?

My dad did that big time and was up to 65 cars when he died. Now days
I don't think that would be a good idea with history searches. But we
where getting cars that had been in a flood or 1/4 smashed. The most
important thing I learned was to detail the car. My dad would have a
import rug rat wagon that ran just fine and lots of people looking at
it. He told me to really clean it (didn't use Zep BTW) , so I cleaned
everything , under the hood , door jams, light Ajax, wax, armoral, and
you name it. The next people bought it in a heart beat. I think it's
because they don't want to be ridiculed when they get it home , so it
looks nice to who ever they show it to , in other words.

I started doing it and had 5 cars in high school with only makings $58
a week working for my dad. The only thing I got free was to live at
the airport alone with lots of tools and space. My plan was to amass
enough to sell and buy a J-3. I read the Trade A Plane all the time
and you could get a fixer upper for like 5-6 grand back then. I was
even holding back then cause I really wanted a 180 , but then
everything went to hell. To bad that would have been cool to own a
plane at 18.

Best to know how to work on these computerized cars if you try it.
This state sucks cause they take 8 weeks to do the paper work and you
can't double sign the titles like you used to be able to do. I still
have a nice Caddy after a year that both people died and willed it to
each other that I'm just about to get the ok from the state. Look
before you leap.