Posted to uk.d-i-y
Duke Duke is offline

Default Planning permission to have second gas+electric mains installed?

On Tue, 15 May 2007 10:10:06 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

Now, I want to get extra mains supplies (gas & electricity) for the
flat that currently has the coin meters. Do I have to apply for
planning prmission to do this?

Nothing to do with the planners. But assuming you have proof of the
conversion (separate Council Tax bills etc) it might be worth regularising
the planning situation ... unless one day you might want to do a reverse
conversion, not allowed by some planning departments like ours.

Tony,
Yes - that is one of the reasons why I haven't applied for a CLU so
far; because someone may just want to turn the place back into a
single dwelling at some point. However, my hand may be forced when I
come to sell one of the flats. If a buyer insists on a CLU, then I
will have to decide whether to take that plunge, or withdraw from the
sale. I'm told that applying for the CLU would be merely a formality,
but I'm a bit wary that it could open some kind of can of worms or
other.

Duke