Posted to uk.d-i-y
Duke Duke is offline

Default Planning permission to have second gas+electric mains installed?

Can anyone advise if I need planning permission to have the gas &
electric supply companies install a second gas main and a second
electric main to the building where I live?

The house was split into two flats 15 years ago, without planning
permission. Ever since then, I have lived in one flat and got the
tenant in the other flat to pay for his/her power via coin meters.

Now, I want to get extra mains supplies (gas & electricity) for the
flat that currently has the coin meters. Do I have to apply for
planning prmission to do this?

Many thanks,

Duke