Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What rating shower heater on 6mm T&E cable/

In article ,
DavidM wrote:
A friend is letting us use their 17th century cottage in Cornwall for a
few days this coming holiday, in exchange for me fitting a replacement
for her very old electric shower heater, which is leaking and beyond
economical repair. This existing shower is fed via approx 3.5m of 6mm
T&E cable, via a ceiling mounted, pull cord, isolatiing switch, and the
cable is buried in the wall for probably 2.5m of its total length.
Don't know until I get there what size fuse/mcb is fitted in the CU.
What is the maximum rating (kw) shower I can connect to this size
cable? Thanks, David. ( Part pee.....yeah, I know!!)

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...ltageDrop.html

--
*If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.