Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Put down garden lime with a rotary spreader?

Also, pulverized goes all over the place if its windy with a broadcast
spreader.
..
Just curious...why are you not using pelletized lime?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 7, 10:13 am, willshak wrote:
dean wrote:
I've got 10 bags of lime to spread over my lawn. Is a rotary spreader
a good choice here? Do I need to be careful of clogging up the gears?

Thanks!

Dean

I just put some pulverized limestone down with a Scotts drop spreader. I
started out with a setting of 4 but had to jack it up to 10 before I saw
an appreciable amount of limestone on the lawn. I didn't use the rotary
spreader because I figured I would get more on me than the lawn. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

If it's pelletized, then it can be put down with a rotary. If it's
the powder type, it should be put down with a drop spreader. A
rotary will not work well, it will keep clogging. You might suffer
through one bag, but I would not want to try to go through 10 that way.