Posted to alt.home.repair
fishcakes fishcakes is offline

Default Extension ladder Rope & Pulley operation Help

On May 3, 10:53 am, wrote:
On May 2, 2:03 pm, fishcakes wrote:

On May 2, 1:10 pm, wrote:

On May 2, 12:55 pm, fishcakes wrote:

I just bought a 20 ft. extension ladder and it came with a rope and
pulley system. How do you operate this. If I untie the knot, it
seems like I can just push the ladder up and lock it in place. Is the
rope just another alternative to extendind the ladder or is it a
safety mechanism that I need to do something with. If not, it is
necessary to tie the rope around one of the lower steps after
extension to secure or just let it dangle in place.

Thanks for all the advice.

Well then, why don't you first ask the sales rep?

Then DAGS on, say, "extension ladder" and "rope".

Then maybe search your library.

Sorry, but this question indicates an extreme newbie who
didn't exercise due-diligence at point-of-sale.

Clue: rope is means of hoisting upper section when it's
extended some, by pulling down.

J...I don't know where you live, but near me trying to find help in HD
on a Saturday morning is like finding a needle in a haystack. Finding
anyone is a chore. Due-diligence, I bought a ladder, I'm not doing a
corporate acquisition. Just wanted a quick clarification. That's
what this group is for. So what are you saying, the only questions
that can be posted here are the ones you like, if you didn't like it,
ignore it.

Pop' - Thank you so much for the response. It was very helpful. Much
Apprecated.

Nope. Just pointing to reasonable first-search-steps.

And ... since so many people suffer serious injuries on ladders, but
that's another story. I'd ask a neighbor or a friend before strangers.

Thanks for explaining "what the group is for."

Ever hear "RTFM"?

Hey J......look at all the great responses to my question and the
wonderful ideas & suggestions people have about using an extension
ladder. These are the "normal" kinds of responses I was looking for;
never expected RTFM; which is somewhat in line with what what I was
hoping for...just even better. BTW, the jig is up, thanks to you,
this thread is definitely going to be the centerpiece of my Masters
thesis...why did you think it was such a basic, moronic post...and you
fell for the bait...thanks for what I'm sure will be an "A".