Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Gas cooker connection

On Fri, 04 May 2007 22:50:06 +0100, Mo wrote:

Been looking online for an answer to this - found conflicting information.

If my cooker has a bayonet connection, can I disconnect it for a day (while
I do my new floor) and put it back on myself?

Is this safe or not?

Yes: that's (sort of) what they're intended for. (Actually I suppose
it's more for cleaning behind the cooker.) When you put the cooker back
make sure the stability device still works. This may be a sort of L-shaped
metal bracket fixed to the wall or floor that loosely engages in the back
of the cooker so that when the cooker is pushed back into its working
position it prevents it being tipped forward. Alternativey it may be a
chain fixed to the cooker and the wall. If neither is present there should
be one, and it must of course be fitted by a 'competent person'

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...Regs#Statutory Instruments

--
John Stumbles