Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default Extension ladder Rope & Pulley operation Help

fishcakes wrote:
I just bought a 20 ft. extension ladder and it came with a rope and
pulley system. How do you operate this. If I untie the knot, it
seems like I can just push the ladder up and lock it in place. Is the
rope just another alternative to extendind the ladder or is it a
safety mechanism that I need to do something with. If not, it is
necessary to tie the rope around one of the lower steps after
extension to secure or just let it dangle in place.

Thanks for all the advice.

I took the rope off of my 20 foot ladder many years ago.
It was really more trouble than it was worth. If you
plan to use it fully extended (that's 16 feet) you might
need the rope for the last rung or maybe 2. For what
I do I never need to extend it that far. I can push it
up by hand to over head height and that is far enough.

Bill Gill