Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Taking apart GE electric stove

On 30 Apr 2007 18:59:36 -0700, Ben wrote:

On Apr 30, 9:25 pm, Joe wrote:
Almost everyone checks out repairclinic.com first. Reported successes
are frequent.

I checked repairclinic.com, and it suggests replacing the burner and
the receptacle. However, I need to take the top off the stove to get
to the receptacle, and that's what I'd like help with if possible.

What happens when you jiggle the burners? Do they start to go on.

As for the top, don't know specific models but if there is a crack an
inch or so down from the top, lift it up at the front. It probably
hinges at the back. There's probably a bracket to hold it up when
it's up.