Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default Henderson garage door spring

The top of the spring rolls towards me when I open the door.

Just to double check, is that when you are standing inside the garage,
or outside?

One last question - one end of the spring is attached to the shaft by a
'plug' with two allen head grub screws and a series of holes to fit
tommy bars to adjust the tension. When you stand inside the garage
looking towards the door, is this plug on the left hand end of the
spring or the right hand end?

The "plug" is on the left end of the spring.

All observations are from inside, facing the door.

I don't think you can see much from the outside, perhaps yours is inside
out, instead of upside down

mike