Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,alt.energy.renewable,alt.energy.homepower
[email protected] nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu is offline

Default Frugal Dehumidifier - any good models widely available?

Joe wrote:

I've been looking for a good dehumidifier and I notice that each big
box store only really carries one brand and there really isn't much
online as far as reviews. I know some dehumidifiers are energy hogs...

How about a Crawlspace Smart Vent?

http://www.smartvent.net

They cost $365, but they only use 40 watts when moving 290 cfm of air
out of a basement when the absolute moisture content of basement air
is greater than the absolute moisture content of outdoor air.

To also heat (cool) a house in a cool (warm) season, we might power up
the Smart Vent with a differential thermostat only when outdoor air is
warmer (cooler) than house air.

Nick