Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Ceramic Tile Over Peel and Stick Vinyl

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am putting up my condo for sale and want to spruce up the small
kitchen (100 sq feet) with some new ceramic tile.
The floor now has peel and stick vinyl (12 inch) tile that seems well
stuck even though it is quite scuffed up. Several people have told me
that I can lay ceramic tile right over the vinyl.

Has anyone done this? Did it work out?

From a bit of searching I have found a few web sites that suggest

sanding the old tiles to roughen them up, and also to screw on the
vinyl tiles before laying the ceramic ones.

What do you think? I don't want to spend a lot of time and money on
this, but at the same time I don't want it to look like crap....

Why not just leave it alone?
Personally I wouldn't consider a house with a tiled kitchen. Since you
don't know what a prospective buyer might like, why spend money on something
that might cost you a sale?