Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default electrical outlets

On Apr 16, 12:57 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 06:50:03 -0400, "3G" wrote:
your friend is correct
ground up on outlets.
thats how we have been doing it since 1998
someday the whole country will be this way.

some inspectors care too much about this
and others don't care enough.

Inspectors are not allowed to "care" about this. It is not addressed
in the code in any way. Typically the electricians will identify
"switched" receptacles by installing them opposite of the rest.

I've experienced counter-example, Greg. Fire Marshall of town
where our facility was located mandated that all outlets be ground-
lug-up. And it was made so. Arguing would be a pi$$ing contest.

Also, he refused to allow any plug-in electrical heaters, likely
saving a few incidents. He'd catch 'em, we'd smash 'em.

Reasonable guy, but not wishy-washy