Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default APC Smart-UPS 1000

"UHF" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:36:57 GMT, "ian field"
wrote:

"Dario" wrote in message
Does it work on battery mode only, or completly dead?

AFAIK it can't be started unless mains was previously supplied and
subsequently failed, if that is so then there is effectively no "battery
only mode".

As yet I've not put a load on it (I have to make up a O/P lead) as no LEDs
on the front panel light, its supposed to do a self test when the "ON"
button is held for a few seconds and its supposed to beep to indicate
status, it doesn't do that either.

Hold the power button in for several seconds and see if it turns on in
battery mode.

An instruction label on the case says hold the button for several seconds to
activate self test - so obviously (and as I've already stated in an earlier
post) I already tried that!