Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dario Dario is offline

Default APC Smart-UPS 1000

Does it work on battery mode only, or completly dead?

"ian field" wrote in message
Someone donated this UPS and I was fully expecting the SLA batteries to be
sulphated and scrap, but they were in fact reasonably charged and a
session on the Optimate gave each battery the green light "good
indicator".

With the batteries fully charged and the mains connected the UPS remains
dead as a dodo - no LEDs lit, nothing!

A look on the website reveals that the unit can be shut down via software
(I don't have the serial cable) but I would have expected at least 1 LED
lit on the front panel, I've opened it up and confirmed both mains &
battery voltage actually reach the PCB.

Any suggestions?

TIA.