GaryJ GaryJ is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Sweet
GaryJ wrote:
I have salvaged DC Motor (Copal) from and old floppy disc drive.
However I don't have any information on them. It is an LC-177B. I
also need a control circuit for it. I am building an inductor winder
for guitar pickups.

Regards
Gary

Do you still have the rest of the drive? Apply power and measure which
pins to the motor are +5v and ground. There will probably be two wires
for power and ground, one for enable, which needs to be either +5 or
grounded to turn it on, then another for tach output, and there may be
yet another for selecting the speed since low and high density disks
used different RPM.

Thanks James. I believe you may have just solved the problem. That being my lack of knowledge of the workings of the motor. I still have the rest of the drive. I believe I can work out which lead is which from that.

Regards
Gary