Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Buffer for cleaning showers?

On 29 Mar 2007 20:06:06 GMT, "TC" wrote:

I have a hand-held buffer that my wife fancies. She would like to use
it to clean very dirty shower/bath tiles. I think my buffer is not
powerful enough for what she needs and may turn a bit too slow.

At any rate, I'm looking for suggestings for something she can use. We
once used a grinder with a buffing pad and some Barkeeper's Friend to
clean a very scummy shower (walls and bottom) in less than an hour. It
would have taken several hours by hand.

Something held-held and wireless would be best. Suggestions?

Abrasives will leave scratches on most materials which will result in
harder-to-clean surfaces. Use a tub-and-tile cleaner spray cleaner,
CLR, or Lime-Away. Or, you can wet paper towels using vinegar in a
spray bottle--allow the wet towels to remain on the surface for
several hours. Use a nylon brush, never anything that can scratch.
Same is true for toilets, sinks, or other fixtures. You can keep
showers looking clean between cleanings (and make the cleanings
easier) by using a daily shower cleaner spray after the last shower of
the day. Or, dry/buff all surfaces with a towel--a 1 minute daily
task.