Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How do I turn off hot water to upstairs hot water taps

EricP wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:33:58 +0100, DIY Numpty
wrote:

There is no hot water coming out of the hot tap for the bath but the hot
water tap for the sink does have hot water coming out of it. I have
checked the tap and it is not bunged up with limescale. To check to se
if other parts of the tap are not gunked up I need to take the tap apart
but I can't work out how to cut the hot water off to the tap, help the
missus is bending my ear!!!

If you have a combi boiler just turn the water off at the mains.

If you have a cylinder in an airing cupboard and a tank in the roof,
you should see a large pipe coming down and into the bottom of the
cylinder with a large valve in it with a circular tap on it. Turn that
off. (If you can. They are usually crapped up)

If you're really stuck, then regardless of what system you have then if
you just turn off the water at the mains and open the taps, then
eventually they'll all run dry either sooner or later. Best not to do
it if you've got a full tank of hot water on board though, as it's a bit
of a waste!

David