Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh Lloyd E. Sponenburgh is offline

Default Concrete labor costs in your area

"Steve B" wrote in message

When Responding to:

Good luck with that. Who will warrant the work if the job is done
improperly? Should there be an issue down the road the contractor
will blame your concrete and the concrete supplier will blame your
contractor...

Be aware that most ready-mix companies have a caveat in their delivery
contract (which you sign when you receive the material) that it is mixed to
your specifications already, and adding _any_ water for ease of placement
voids their compressive strength warrantees.

My dad was of the generation where politically-correct language wasn't an
issue. He said to me over and over again (about concrete), "4-inch slump -
not a bit less - and whip your N****rs!!!"

That translates roughly to, "You cannot _pour_ a good slab or foundation, it
must be _placed_."

LLoyd