Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon Dave Lyon is offline

Default Concrete labor costs in your area

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
news

"Steve B" wrote in message
What does it cost in your area to have a concrete crew come in and form,
pour and finish concrete for a slab for a shop? I'd pay for the

concrete,
and rebar. Just a per square foot price for the labor?

Steve

Funny timing. I just got quoted today for a 17' x 25' x 6" seven bag mix
pad with rebar in front of my main shipping door. They are also going to
grade the area of the parking lot to the street 100'x100' and place 30 ton
of stone. The pad will have a steel grated trench drain in front of the
door tied into a basin. The parking lot in that area is 2' higher than

the
shop floor and we have had water in the shop. They will also take care of
the 18" foundation of an old out building in the way. All this for

$5,300!
I thought it would be twice that.

That doesn't answer your question...I'm just thrilled with the job getting
done.

That's really funny. I've been getting ready to get some bids for the front
of my shop. It will be just like yours except for the drain. Right down to
the old foundation in the way and sloping the grade.