Posted to alt.home.repair
Gini Gini is offline

Default New Bosch dishwasher...very loud.

"Mitch" wrote

Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Yep. But the installer already came out and said the noise was
"normal," so Bosch is sending out someone from a different
dealer...hopefully more competent.

I can't wait to see what he says when he takes the kickplate off.
Especially since the foam is right there in the manual...they show it
being placed behind the kickplate before it's screwed on.

Which means we have a town full of people saying "I thought these
things were supposed to be quiet."

==
Ugh...I'll bet the noise is normal for his installs, eh?
Well, at least it appears you will get it right. Wait til the next guy sees
that gap around
it, too. Do you know when he's coming? Let us know how it turns out.