Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Tiberio Jim Tiberio is offline

Default New Bosch dishwasher...very loud.

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
news
We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

It cleans amazingly well, so no complaints there.

It's very loud...much louder than our cheap Kitchenaid.
I figured it was defective, so I called the dealer. The tech said the
noise level is normal, and that it sounds like the Bosch he himself
has at home.

Our friends have the top-of-the-line Bosch. "So quiet, it has to have
a little light that shines on the floor so you know it's on."

Joke. Hers is just as loud as mine. She called, got the same tech
and the same answer.

I have spoken to many Bosch owners, online and in person, who tell me
that theirs is so quiet they have to put their hand on it to know it's
running.

In fact, our friends have the bottom model, with noise specs something
like 56db, and they say they can't hear it running.

Ours is supposed to be 44 db.

So what's going on here? Should I pursue this?
There's a gap around the unit...should this have been filled by the
installers?

I plan to call Bosch on Monday. No surprise that they haven't
answered email...they are supposed to be legendary in their poor
customer service.

BTW...I'm in the next room over as I type this, and the dishwasher is
running. Sounds like a washing machine.

If you return it look into an LG LDS5811. Our kitchen opens into our living
room and the thing barely makes a peep. It also only cost $699.