Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

" wrote in message
ups.com...
|I finished about 1400 sq. ft. of my basement with about 46 4x8 sheets
| of drywall. All the sheets are standing up so the tapered ends are
| butted together. Each seam is about 7 feet long. There are 9 inside
| 90-degree corners, 5 outside 90-degree corners and two approximately
| 120-degree inside corners.

drywall (not moisture resistant) in the basement?
green board (moisture resistant) is better.

blueboard with plaster would have been the best choice and could have
been completed in a few hours.

| I'm going to be looking for someone put on the outside corner metals &
| tape/mud/sand. For the typical contractor, is this a job that can be
| completed in a weekend? I know it will depend on the crew size but
| I'm not sure what a crew of any size can get done in a day.
|
| Thanks,
| Kevin

not enough drying time to finish in 1 weekend unless they work all
night.