Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

" wrote in message
ups.com...
I finished about 1400 sq. ft. of my basement with about 46 4x8 sheets
of drywall. All the sheets are standing up so the tapered ends are
butted together. Each seam is about 7 feet long. There are 9 inside
90-degree corners, 5 outside 90-degree corners and two approximately
120-degree inside corners.

I'm going to be looking for someone put on the outside corner metals &
tape/mud/sand. For the typical contractor, is this a job that can be
completed in a weekend? I know it will depend on the crew size but
I'm not sure what a crew of any size can get done in a day.

Thanks,
Kevin

I couldn't tell you how many man-hours is needed to do this job, but it is
not likely it can be finished in two days because of the drying time.
Usually the first coat of joint compound dries faster than the next two
coats. At a minimum I think 3 days would be required because of that.